Almost exactly 10 months to the day since we went live on Mainnet, we are excited to announce that WISH Pool reached the great milestone of minting it’s 100th block!
It took a lot of hard work maintaining the pool from creating the website, blog, SPOTCheck site, social media updates, pool maintenance and updates, and constant research and engagement. Therefore, we are very happy that the hard work bore fruit.
Having said that, we would not have reached this milestone without the help of a lot of people in the community. Therefore, on this milestone, we would like to thank our friends in the Cardano Community who helped make this happen:
- Charles Hoskinson for his visionary leadership and clear explanations which made me a believer in Cardano back in 2017.
- NASEC Pool for posting that YouTube video encouraging people to open a Cardano Stake Pool. We believed it and opened our own pool. Thanks too to the many people who helped us or were just good to chat with: CODER, SPRO, BICEP, NRDCO, GIR, etc.
- F2LB Alliance for joining together as a group in order to give small new pools a chance to mint their first blocks. Special thanks to the people who started it and kept it going in the initial stages when we were not even sure it will work. Thanks too to the ones that stuck around to keep it going: STPZ1, LVLUP, LUCY, STAYK, HONEY, QCPOL and the rest.
- Mission Driven Pools for giving visibility to pools that want to make a difference and not just earn money. Special thanks to GAIA and other SPO’s who help with the donation audits and membership processing giving all members credibility.
- All the SPO’s and community members who contributed to SPOTCheck and who read the Wishing Well Blog. Thank you for helping to make them useful sites for stake pool operators and Cardano holders.
- All our delegators past and current for trusting us to mint your blocks especially during the times when our stake was not yet significant
- The folks at IOG, most especially Ben O’ Hanlon for taking care of the SPO community and for believing in the work that we do by entrusting us with a delegation round in 2021.
- Cardano Foundation for changing your delegation strategy to accommodate small pools and for recognising our hard work by giving us a delegation round in 2022.
We can’t possibly thank everyone by name, but please know that we appreciate all of you. We promise to work harder and look for more ways to benefit the community in 2022.
WISH Pool is the creator of Cardano SPOT Check, an online resource for Cardano Stake Pool Operators for maintaining their nodes. We are actively helping several Cardano communities and were a recipient of the IOG delegation in 2021 and are currently a recipient of the Cardano Foundation delegation in 2022. If you like this article, we greatly appreciate if you will delegate your ADA to WISH Pool. You will be earning interest rewards while indirectly helping the lives of disadvantaged children. This is because WISH Pool pledges to give at least 10% of its own profit to educational charities so that successful students can help get their families out of poverty. Let’s help grow the community together!